Translate language

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Moms Signature

One day my wife and I decided to travel to where I grew up. It was about thirty years since our family moved away from the place my Father and Mother raised us as kids.
I remembered it as a big house made out of brownstone with a fancy shale stone patio with a garage that had a brand new door on it and an outdoor brick oven.
When we were getting closer to where I used to live the emotions that surfaced was that of intimate remembrance for the things I knew as a child growing up.
As we walk down the street towards this house a feeling of anxiety assurance began to almost grab hold of me. It just a few seconds I would see the house I grew up in. Then we approach the driveway, I had remembered it a lot bigger than it was.

As I look up the driveway I could not believe it. Weeds were everywhere and seeing the garage was that of almost falling down of disrepair. The house look like it was closed for renovations. We walk towards the back and saw the weeds were covering the patio. It was no longer visible. The outdoor brick oven was almost nonexistent.
I could not believe what I was seeing. As my wife and I started heading back to the front my eye had caught a glimpse of a mailbox that was tossed in the weeds. I decided to pick up this mailbox that no one used anymore. As I looked I saw numbers on it designating the property we were at. Then I look more closely at the numbers that were painted on this mailbox. They were written by my mother. It was her signature that I saw. She had been deceased for about 15 years now. But there it was a piece of my family life that I was holding in my hands.

I began to remember that I was with my mother when she painted the numbers on this mailbox forty some odd years earlier. This reminds me of Gods signature on his letters for us when he inspired men to write the Bible. These men were lead by God to write his words. When we look at scripture we can say that it is the word of God, Gods autograph! God communicates to us by his holy word. 
2 Ti 3:16-17 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous25/5/08

    These short stories are wonderful. I hadn't had them told to me this way before. Great Job.

    Check Out this website EvangelismTools.org

    ReplyDelete

Comments

Followers

Total Pageviews