Translate language

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Death Of A Friend

Today as I speak to you I got to see a friend of mine buried. We had to walk up a hill on a dark rainy day. The wind was blowing slightly as we held our umbrella’s close to us. As I stood there during the service memories began to fill my mind to when my friend was alive and used to live life.

You see we were brothers. Yes brothers in the Lord. We both in our lifetime made a decision to call on Jesus Christ as our Lord to be our savior. You see at one time we knew we were not right before God who is Holy because we knew we had done wrong. We knew that on our own before God we would be found guilty, our own conscious made this quite clear. Until someone shared with us that it does not have to be like that.

He explained to us that God knew man could not redeem himself because of man’s conscious being wounded because of sin. Neither could sin be removed through good works because of the sin that was on man regardless. The good works would always be as like filthy rags. So God came down himself in the form of Christ Jesus, the son of God. It was God who said if man would turn from his way of trying in his own strength to the strength he provided through his son Jesus he would allow man to know him. This is made possible by faith. That Jesus died for the penalty of all sin and was raised from the dead for our justification, to clean us as if we never sinned!

But this does not become a reality for anyone personally until an individual cries out for this mercy of God for his grace to be revealed by calling on Jesus. They need to turn from their way to Gods way that by calling on Jesus as Lord and savior they would be saved. You see I am born again and have the assurance of seeing my friend again in heaven because of God’s promise through Jesus Christ who is alive and in which I made it a personal reality between him and me. Thank you Jesus for saving me and for taking the punishment that was meant for me on you. Will you turn from the sin that you know makes you guilty to Gods way of removing it from you through calling on Jesus?

Romans 6:23

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8/11/10

    Awesome testimony to Gods NEVER ending, never changing Grace! I THANK THE LORD JESUSU for such a GREAT and Marvelous Sacrifice, an ALL Atoning Sacrifice that , too, NEVER grows old! I can say He has justified me and I am justified, just as if I've NEVER sinned! Oh what a Saviour, oh what a Friend!

    ReplyDelete

Comments

Followers

Total Pageviews