Translate language

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Broken Glass

On one occasion someone came towards me that I could see that was broken inside, this person was hurt and confused. He shared with me the pain and suffering he was feeling inside because of the circumstances that had unfolded in his life. He also shared with me that he was thinking of ending it all. I thought to myself maybe I could help this person and try to understand why he was hurting? Maybe I could somehow direct this person with my wisdom to overcome his hurt? At least I could try to help this person is what I thought?

But then I remembered about the broken glass on the floor when I was a child? Some pieces were big which you could see the glare of your own face in, like fragmented little mirrors. Some pieces were small that you could hardly see them. I remember how my finger got cut when I tried to pick up the broken glass. Then my thoughts went back to this individual needing help.

I said my friend only God in heaven can help your pain and suffering and brokenness? I may comfort you through this but in order for you not to be broken but healed inside you need to go towards God. He asks of me “How is that possible?” Well I said Jesus knows what you are feeling and why. It is because of you feeling separated from God that you feel that no one is there to help. Jesus brings us back to God through his death? Any wrong thought any wrong deed any malicious act that we have ever done is no longer on our account. Jesus’s death paid all the debt in our lives which God demonstrates his love for us in while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.

You would be able take your problems to God in a relationship through his son Jesus. God will comfort you. When you call on Jesus, who is at this moment listening to you, to be your sin bearer God comes into your life and you will have peace.

The person asks if he can ask Jesus to be his Lord and savior. I said yes you can anyone can for that fact. He prays with me and acknowledges the sin in his life and that Jesus paid for it. He invites Jesus to be the Lord of his life and thanks God for providing Jesus for his salvation. The last words I left with him were “Now you are born again through the promise of God and not of man you have peace in Jesus Christ you are no longer like a piece of broken glass.


Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

2 comments:

  1. Jesus not only loves the whole mankind, He knows and loves each one of us, one by one, personally.
    Thanks for your visit to my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments

Followers

Total Pageviews