Translate language

Saturday, May 9, 2009

C.O.L.O.S.S.I.A.N.S.

One day a friend of mine asked me how I was able to understand the Bible. He told me that he was trying to read the Bible and could not understand how it was of any good for him or anyone to read it if he or they could not understand it. 

He said he tried to read the Bible but always ended up frustrated on what he read. I told him “Hey lets look at it together.” I asked him to pick any book he would like to read from and he picked the book of Colossians. 
I said why is it that you chose this book? 
Because he told me that he read one time in it that it spoke about knowing Gods will for himself and being filled with it. I said this is the greatest promise for a believer to stand on. He replied, what do you mean?
 I then said to him explaining that Christ Our Lord Openly Saves Sinners Intimately And Not Secretly by the letters of the book you chose for us to read. 
Let me explain, I told him, Jesus died on the cross paying the price for our sins and then three days afterward God raised Jesus from the dead and that in order to understand God intimately in a personal relationship for himself he first must know that his sins offends God, that God is hurt, and that God is Holy. That in order to know what you read from now on you need to call on His son Jesus as your Lord and Savior, as Lord as turning from your way of thinking towards his way for you. And as Savior because he paid the price of your sin debt, which offends God, for you to have this opportunity to call him Lord for his love to be revealed to you! 
This way if you decide this between you and God you become a believer, born again, and then God himself will show you what these words mean on what you read from now on out of his word the bible on the basis of who he is and what He is all about! This is his will for you! He will lead you. 

Would you now want to call on The Lord Jesus to be your Lord and Savior? My friend said “yes I want Jesus to be my Lord and Savior. He prays “Dear Lord Jesus save me for the sake of your Fathers will for me! He thanks God for providing his Son Jesus as a substitute for his sins and that he can now have an intimate relationship with God made possible by the Lord Jesus Christ the Son of God.

Col 1:16-17
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Followers

Total Pageviews