Translate language

Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Benediction



The first time I ever heard this word  similar as that of 'Benediction' was when I was about 7 years old. I went into my Fathers room and opened His suit cases to find something to play with and I came across papers and a big medallion with the word Benedictine written on it I was in awe even as a child trying to figure out what that word meant.

A few years went by and I was to be found by the Lord.
What do I mean when I say that for you to be able to apply it in your life.
I heard the gospel and I responded to it.
And you can to.
By pronouncing a divine call to God for divine help
A Benediction, a plea for mercy.

By calling on Jesus who is alive to be your Lord in acknowledging, understanding, that He died for your sin consequence being forsaken by God for you on your behalf because God is Holy and he cannot look upon sin.
But being alive having risen from the dead Jesus lives and He lives for you to be able to call upon Him.

The benediction of one's soul being right or saved is not done by human touch or church service but is done through the baptism of the Holy Spirit coming in ones life in response to the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. One must see their need for a savior not their need to be good, thus when one sees their need and responds to calling on Jesus as their Lord they are "Born again"
Like a sea worthy ship being Christened but in the case of salvation can only be done by the Holy Spirit.
Have you been baptized by the Holy Spirit, Born again?
You know it can happen for you, you know why?  Because God says so in His word that's why!

 A benediction (Latin: bene, well + dicere, to speak) is a short invocation for divine help, blessing and guidance...

Thus asking for mercy for God in His grace to save you for you to know Him personally by calling on His Son Jesus as your Lord.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 

1 comment:

Comments

Followers

Total Pageviews