Translate language

Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Garbage Nobody Wanted

I used to go bin garbage hopping when we lived on Long Island. I used to find so much stuff it was unbelievable.

Like for instance bran new pocket computers put out to the curb as trash from a medical business that relocated elsewhere, I handed them out as presents.


Antiques people thought were of junk and no value I would get at the curb as well repair them then take to my friend Bills antiques shop and he would sell them.


And another time even a blind guy asked if I ever find a computer chair could I think of him. I did find one that was thrown out with other office furniture that the garbage truck would pick up, it was only ripped underneath, and He gave me a big hug :)


I even had one guy doubt me of these treasures I would find.


One day he drove me home, 6 miles, with his suit on and in his Volvo talking to me like investigating my story.

When I said those garbage's we just passed have something in them. He took me up on what I said so he turned the car around, this was 1996, and went back, stopped and threw 2 bags of garbage in his clean Volvo trunk.

We went to a parking lot, in back of a bank, as we were about to open the bags I said, "There’s nothing in my bag but I know for sure you have something in yours"

Mine had nothing in it

When He opened his, his eyes lit up like Christmas tree like a little boy.


For he had in his possession now the complete sealed

Windows 95 oem version in his hands.


The reason I shared all of this is most people never fully grasp the treasure they have in Christ as a child, the promises of God in His word, to resolve the issues in their life and to grow in application by the Holy Spirits teaching.

God the Father loves us. He is never going to withhold anything for our good.


Jesus said, "Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?"

Luk 11:12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Total Pageviews