Translate language

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My Older Brother Joe

One day my wife and I visited my family in which I had a conversation with my older brother Joe. My mom was there as well as my other older brother. My brother Joe was slow and I loved him.

We were in his room talking when he shared with me that he had a very hard time in understanding and reading the bible. Now Joe accepted Jesus as his Savior and Joe was attending church. But my brother had this problem of not being able to understand and commit to reading the bible.

He said other people said this is what he must do in order to grow.

I told him No that was wrong on how they told him. He said he wants to be able to read. So I told him to make a promise to God and that God who loves you Joe would help you keep your vow.

He said please tell me brother. I picked up the bible and went to Ecclesiastes 5:4 and I asked him to read it out loud with me together “When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay for it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed.”

I asked him would he like to make a vow to God Joe said he was scared. I told him before he asks God that I am going to say the words so that you would see Joe that there is nothing to be scared of and that you can do your part of what is mentioned in the prayer for you not to be scared.

So my brother Joe listened to the prayer God heard me in my example for him.

I said,

“Dear Father God in heaven please help me to understand and read your word, the bible, and I make a vow to you that when you bring it to my attention I will try to pick up your word and allow you to show me your love by reading it. I ask this in the name of your Son Jesus.”

Joe told me he was willing to pray a prayer like that. He then prayed that prayer. I said every day Joe from now on, after writing it down on a piece of paper for him, pray and ask God your plea in your prayer. Joe said he would do this every day. We then came to the end of our visit and had to leave.

Four months went by and we came for another visit. And you know what? Joe came running out and gave me a long hug and told me that he was reading the bible now and he proved it by telling me a lot of sentences that were in the bible by memory. I told Joe God never lets you down when you go to him in prayer knowing what you are praying for in his will to be in your life. Joe has since passed away and went to be with the Lord.

2 Tim 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have committed unto him against that day.

1 comment:

  1. That is a very touching story Mario! Anyone who truly wants to know God and understand His word..God promised He would be the to teach us...God always keeps his promises..

    ReplyDelete

Comments

Followers

Total Pageviews