Translate language

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Providence for George?

News flash the year 1755! George Washington’s army ambushed loses 714 men out of 1300 men. 85 American and British officers slain George is the last officer standing.
As one witness puts it “It was a massacre”. George states in a letter to His brother, “By the all powerful dispositions of providence, I have been protected beyond all human probability or expectation; for I have four bullets through my coat, and two horses shot out from under me.”
George would state that God had protected Him!

We go through a time warp 15 years later in 1770. George and James Craig go to a settlement, which is at the site of the previous battle. An old Indian who was the chief at the battle years earlier wanted to meet the man whom God protected.

“For you see” the chief said, “when we were in battle I told all my braves to kill all the officers. I saw you were an officer. I took aim and shot and nothing happen I took aim again and nothing happen. I took aim yet again and nothing happen to you. I did this for a total of 17 times. After that I told all the men cease firing at Him the Great Spirit is protecting Him.”

So you see “I have traveled a long and weary path that I might see the young warrior of the great battle…I am come to pay homage to the man who is the particular favorite of Heaven, and who can never die in battle.”

This story is from written history almost word for word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Total Pageviews